Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happenings

Not much has been going on around here, although it should be seeing as I have Samantha's birthday party to plan. It's hard though because she doesn't have a lot of friends here (she has friends in daycare, but she won't see them till the 23rd when she goes back to school.) She wants to have her party at Peter Piper, but she'll probably be the only kid there :(

Matthew has been babbling a lot and he started eating baby food! The problem is that he likes to talk when he eats which makes for a messy situation. His favorites are apples, pears, and sweet potatoes. He's not a fan of rice cereal, but we're working on that. He learned to roll over a couple of weeks ago, so video of that will be coming too. Exciting huh?

Sam has been training for a 50 mile ultra marathon in Cuba, New Mexico (Dead Man's Peaks trail run). He ran 24 miles today across town. He's nuts and that's all I have to say about that.

As for me, I decided it's about time I start working out a bit. I have been running for 30 minutes 3 days a week at the gym here at our apartment. Too hot to run outside. I hope to work up to more than just 30 minutes, but for now that's all I can do without my heart rate going above 190 (scary). I would love to join a barre class where you do ballet/yoga/pilates moves on a ballet barre, but I haven't found one here. I downloaded a workout for it, so we'll see how it goes.

And of course, Samantha. She learned to swim!!!! She's crazy though because she swims underwater. Sam takes her to the pool almost every day. Video to come!!


I keep trying to upload the videos, but it keeps saying an error has occurred. I'll try to put videos in the next post.

Here's Matt:




No comments: