Friday, April 22, 2011

Matt's Birthday

Matt's birthday is April 23, but we had a celebration at the house a week early because we had some out of town company (Aunt Kim, Ryan, Ashley, and Parker.)
These pictures are backwards because I don't feel like doing a bunch of cutting and pasting. It's midnight as I am writing this.

This was the best birthday family picture we could all muster. Sammy looks royally peeved about the whole thing. I think she was just mad that we interrupted her playtime with Parker.

Sammy and Parker were big helpers with Matt's presents :)

Grampy got Matthew his first Monster truck.


The cake!! Sam and I made it :) Ashley helped with the icing because I had no idea how to use the frosting bags.

I made him this onesie, my first attempt at freezer paper stenciling. Ashley has been teaching a lot of crafty things since she has been here. I'm so thankful for that :)

They love each other :)

I could just squeeeeze him! I need to capture this smile on video. It's hilarious. Everytime a flash goes off he busts out with the cheesiest smile. He has done it since around 6 months old.

The awesome banner Ashley made. I love it and I need to get around to hanging it up in his room.

Matthew and my mom (Grammy)


Super cool (and yummy) spaghetti cupcakes that Aunt Kim made.

Parker, Dallas, and Samantha in their matching party dresses (Thanks Aunt Kim!)


Sammy "helping"

We had such a great time. Thank you everyone for being here to celebrate Matt's 1st year :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute pictures! It was really fun to get to celebrate with you guys. Happy Birthday Matt!

the Shipe's said...

that is sooo cute! I LOVE the catapillar! Great job momma (&aunt kim)!! wish we were there!