Saturday, February 20, 2010

29 Weeks

Here's what's been happening with this crazy pregnancy lately: I went in for a routine appointment at 27 weeks and I told the Dr. I had been haviing some contractions and I was feeling a lot of pressure. So he checked and I was dialted to 3 cm (sorry, probably TMI.) I was in preterm labor. Very scary. He told me I had to go straight to the hospital. I got hooked up to monitors and I was having regular contractions every 3-5 minutes. They gave 3 shots of Terbutaline (to stop the contratctions), some antibiotics, 3 bags of fluid, and two steriod shots to speed development of the baby's lungs.

I spent the night there and they finally got the contractions under control. I was released, but the Dr. said I would spend the remainder of my pregnancy on bed rest. I'm only supposed to get up to go the restroom and take a shower. Easier said than done. For the most part, I relax on the couch all day, but I still do some laundry and load the dishes and go for a few car rides. It's very easy to go stir crazy.

Here are some updated belly pics @ 29 weeks:



(Sammy drew eyeliner all over her face)





2 comments:

Danny said...

I luv the pics great we miss u a lot in skool cuz she made class fun most of the time and now its just boring:(

Lindsey said...

You look AMAZING!!! Great job doing bed rest!! I can't imagine how hard that must be for you. And I LOVE your shirt! Where did you get it? :D