This is the most boring post ever, but I had to document our first successful home improvement project. We started out with a long hallway of closets, seriously, four coat closets in a row. Really, who needs that many closets??!! Here goes:
Sam decided to grab a sledgehammer and demolish the wall between two closets. We discovered that the beam in between was a support for the ceiling. Sam's dad stepped in and built us a header (not shown) to support the ceiling so we could rip out the studs.
Now we have an empty canvas.
|Sam built a subfloor out of 2x4s and plywood. Next is the bench area (built the same way.)|
|Completely forgot to document the steps in between...sorry. He framed out the bench and sbbfloor with base board molding and built some simple decorative shelves in the "nook" area.|
|He added a board for the base for the coat hooks. We also painted the inside of the entire space a darker color to make the white accents pop.|