Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day

Lots of first days for us here.

Sam started his first day of nursing school and he thinks he's going to be pretty stressed. He got offered a job as a shift manager at Starbucks, but he doesn't think he's going to take it because school might ge the better of him these next couple of years.

Samantha started daycare on Monday. She's really, really excited. She tells us all about her day when we pick her up. I'm really impressed by all that she is learning. She tries her hardedst to speak im full sentences, but it sounds a little like caveman speak still.

Now on to my first day...from hell. The school is a huge mess. A parent had to go to Costco and get us a huge case of toilet paper and she installed it herself. The receptionist was a little late, so I was asked by the principal to answer to phones. I got yelled at and chewed out by outraged parents who demanded a refund fro the uniforms becuase they were going to pull their kids out. We did lose about a dozen students in the last two days, but maybe it's for the better. Our classes are CROWDED! I have a huge classroom, so that's nice, but I have 30 kids per class and not enough desks for them all. I have a nice chair, but no desk. I am teaching out of a cardboard box. My 6th graders are awesome, 7th are okay, and the 8th graders lok at me liek I'm from another planet. They have no books yet. I'm going crazy. Oh and I only have 10 minutes to woof down lunch and one conference period. So far this job is terribly ridiculous, but I'm going to try my best to stick it out and do what I can with what little I have.

I know I haven't posted pictures in a while, but I will try to soon. I'm just trying to find time to get everything done. I wish I was still in college.

1 comment:

mgaenzle said...

Congrats to Sam & nursing school. Congrats to Sammy on her daycare that's cool! Congrats to you for surviving the first couple of days of school. I would just ignore the parents who come in screaming, and don't take it personal....they probably had something else going on and just take it out on you. Hang in there....it all gets better once everyone is settled. Love ya!