Saturday, August 15, 2009

New Job!

I got a new job at a charter school here in El Paso. I'll be teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Social Studies. I think it's going to be very overwhelming for me as a first year teacher, but I guess it'll be good experience. I'm also the department head for Social Studies (I guess I kind of have to be due the fact that I'm the only middle school social studies teacher).

I've already started with inservice and I'll have actual students on the 24th. It has been hard this past week because (1) I haven't worked in a looong time, (2) I haven't been without Sammy for more than a few hours and I have to leave her for eight hours a day (Sam has a lot of fun with her though).

We are also trying to buy a house right now to take advantage of the first time home buyers tax credit, but I don't want to rush into anything. We did find a really cute house, new construction, but our bubble kinda burst today when we saw a HUGE crack in the garage and it could be a foundation problem, so we are being cautios.

We are having a swim party for Sammy with his mom and aunt and the kids at a pool. Then tomorrow we are going to eat with my mom, dad, and grandparents. I feel bad that I didn't plan anything spectacular for her birthday. We've just been so busy and time got the best of us.

I think that's all for now. I have a bunch of cute pictures, but I'm extrememly tired and lazy at the moment so I'll get them up later.

1 comment:

Kim said...

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY SAMMY! We love you, Uncle David, Aunt Kim and Ryan.