Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sicky Pants


The title explains everything. Samantha has had some stomach problem for the past 5 days. Let's just say I'm changing about 15 diapers a day. I took her to the ER Monday night and I thought she had a UTI from the way she was acting and the fact that she had a 103 degree fever so they tortured her and catheterized her and lo and behold, no UTI...just sicky pants. So I was told to keep her hydrated and let it run its course. They didn't do any blood work and they just assume she had a virus...She had been sick since Saturday afternoon.

So I woke up this morning and she was still sick. I bought her some gatorade and pedialyte and she could not stop going to the bathroom. So at this point I'm really freaked out so I take her to a different hospital where I proceeded to wait for 3 hours. I eventaully left. The dumb triage nurse just used the forehead scanner thing to take her temp., so of course it didn't show a fever (those things do not work). I asked them to do it rectally and the nurse refused, so we were put on a low priority...That's why I left.

Sam is worried she has that dumb swine flu since there are seven confirmed cases here in El Paso. For now I'm just keeping her home and hydrated. All of this drama and finals are just beginning. Ugh. How will I ever get through this? Oh I forgot to mention now I'm sick. Wonderful.




This is her before the illness kicked in.








Trying to figure out how to put the gloves on.


She finally did it with some help.



1 comment:

the Shipe's said...

aww, I'm so sorry. What a dumb nurse! I hope it's NOT swine flu! That is so strange. I hope you both get better!