Sunday, June 7, 2009

No More Bottles!!!

I cannot be any prouder of my little Samantha pants! I have been trying to potty train Samantha lately and I realized it would be crazy to have a potty trained baby who still takes a bottle. So two days ago I decided to do away with the bottle and I'm sticking to my guns this time. I asked Sammy if she wanted to give them away and she said she wanted to give them to the Easter Bunny. She went into a cabinet where we keep grocery bags and got one out and started filling it with bottles. Then she went to the front door to leave them outside for the Easter Bunny. It was my idea to finally be rid of the yucky bottles, but it was her idea to leave them for the Easter Bunny. It was so cute.

I was worried about how naps and bedtime would go, but it has been great. At nap time she just falls asleep when she's tired and at nighttime I just turn off the lights and she eventually falls asleep (in my bed, then I move her to her crib, but I eventually want to get to her falling asleep all on her own...someday.) She also sleeps all night long! Before she was waking up for a bottle twice a night. It was getting ridiculous.

I'm so proud of her...she's growing up!

1 comment:

the Shipe's said...

yaye, congrats mommy!