Tuesday, August 28, 2012

She Survived her First Bus Trip!

Samantha really wanted to ride the bus, so I drove her to school today and let her ride the bus home. My stomach was in knots all day wondering if she would make it home okay. School gets out at 2:45 and her bus was set to arrive down the street from our house at 3:05. So of course we left the house at 2:45  to go wait for her. We get to the stop at 2:47. And it's 98 degrees outside. Plus the bus was a little late due to first days and everyone getting into a routine and the bus driver getting to know which kid goes to which parent.


Matt was crazy running into everyone's yard and picking their flowers. I don't know what is more stressful: waiting in line in my car for an hour with a screaming Matt to get Sammy from parent pick up, or making sure Matt doesn't dart out into the street.

Of course we brought Sydney. If she sees you leave the house on foot, she better be going with you. She will get so sad and depressed thinking she missed out on a walk opportunity.


It's funny because she hates walking in the street, so at least she keeps Matt on the sidewalk.


Waiting...

There she is!!!! She made it and LOVED it!
She wants to ride the bus to school in the morning now too. It gets to the stop at 6:45. That's way too early for me, but if it means I just have to roll out of bed, get SAmmy ready and run down the street, then hey, it's worth it! Plus, I met a mom who's son is in another kinder class and he rides the bus with his sister who's in 3rd grade and she said she'll walk Sammy to her table in the morning. That was my one concern: How will she know where to go in the morning if I'm not there to drop her off?
Overall, I was highly impressed with the bus experience. 

She's so grown up and independent. I'm going to go cry my eyes out now.

No comments: