Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First Days

My new internship has been so much fun! I'm so excited to have a mentor teacher who is actually a mentor. All of the other teachers I have met are really nice and helpful. Samantha also seems to be adjusting well to daycare. She still cries hysterically when I drop her off, but she gets over it within a few minutes. The lady also said that she gets her own pillow and blanket for nap time and goes to sleep on her own. I have to see that to believe it. I still have to hold her and give her a bottle to get her to sleep at home. She doesn't have a bottle the entire day at daycare, but as soon as we get in the car she's begging for it. The bottle will be the death of me. Anyway, today when I picked her up, she was eating some goldfish and drinking a juice box. She saw me, got off her chair, threw her juice box away, then walked over to me. It was so crazy seeing her do all of these "big girl" things. She's growing up sooo fast.

1 comment:

the Shipe's said...

Isn't it crazy how much they are actually capable of doing at such a young age!?! I would love to have her in my class!!! maybe one day we'll get stationed at the same base & she can come to my FCC, lol