Saturday, January 3, 2009

Samantha is sleeping

I don't have any pictures for this post, just wanted to write. Samantha and I have started this new bedtime tradition where I read to her from books I am reading while she falls asleep next to me. Right now we are reading Twilight. I know, probably inappropriate for a toddler, but I think she just likes being read to. Anyway, the book is awesome. A bunch of my students were reading it and people were raving so I thought I'd give it a shot. Nevertheless I need to buy the next book.

Monday starts the first day of our daycare search. I had Samantha in various daycares last semester, but none seemed to work out. She is still taking a bottle and some places won't give it to her. I know she needs to be off of it, but I waited waaayyyy to late to take her off and she knows what she wants so it's been difficult. Not to metion most of the daycares find it appropriate to feed toddlers enchiladas. Samantha won't eat that, so some days she starves. Isn't that sad?

She's been a handful lately. She's getting a ton of teeth and she wants constant attention. I feel like a bad mom becuase I have lost track of when she got the most recent teeth and it's hard to get her to open her mouth so the baby book teeth chart thingy has been put on the back burner. I got her firt eight in there though.

She's on antibiotics too which makes everything more difficult. She has a cough and some congestion. Oh and she stayed up til midnight last night. Isn't that awesome?

I'm so excited! I have an appointment on Tuesday to get my haircut at a real salon, not Supercuts. I'm debating on keeping it long and adding bangs or cutting it above my shoulders. The short style is really tempting cause it would save a few minutes in the morning. Any suggestions? Ideas?

I can't believe I already start school next week. I'm excited though...my last semester!!! I just have to make it through a few more months. I take a pre-certification test on Jan 11th. I'm so nervous. My goal is to be a fully certified teacher by the end of February :0)

I better get to bed...it's late.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Twilight and all the other books after that one are AWESOME!! The best one is Breaking Dawn, though...the last book. Have you seen the movie? It's really great, too.

You are so not a bad mom! I know we all feel like that some days (or most days), but you are not. You are doing the best you can with what you've got and it's wonderful. Hang in there! I know it's hard, but she won't be graduating high school with a bottle. There's still hope! That is really sad that she starves some days. How rude of the daycare!

I hope your test goes well and you get certified by February! :)

mgaenzle said...

I'm so proud of you!! I think it's great that you are finishing school, and doing it all with a little one. I know at times it's hard, but you will have your teaching certificate and be a teacher when everything is said and done. Been there when I had Tyler, and people said it couldn't be done. It also helps that you have a very supportive family, especially husband. I'm sure they are so impressed that you are doing it all. You are awesome!

Hey, don't worry what people say about the bottle...it will all come in time when you and her both decide she is done with it, and baby books....at least she has one with some notes in it. You are doing fine.

Now, the hair thing...You can do anything to it and still look beautiful! I just want to see pictures after you have it done. Miss you! Melissa

the Shipe's said...

It's great that you are doing a bedtime routine & it's great that your helping her develop a love of reading! Great job momma!
I hope you find a good daycare, I'll be praying! I know it's hard, but it's another sign of a good momma to care about the care of your daughter!
You're a great mom! & she'll be happy to know when her first 8 teeth came in (my mom didn't even get me a baby book, boo, lol).
I'm so excited for you & almost done with school. I know you've been working hard for this.

Ok, one last thing, I really can't wait to see you this summer! I can't wait to get Will & Sama together. I picture my camera memory full. lol