Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Terrible day teaching

So the lesson totally flopped! I kinda knew it would. The concept was very abstract and half of the classes were gone giving presentations to the incoming 7th graders. In short, all the outgoing, opinionated kids who would have started a good discussion, were gone :( I had a little luck with the Pre-AP class (7 students). My teacher had to jump in and help me a lot, but that's ok, we ended up working together. I have another lesson to teach tomorrow and I'm showing some Schoolhouse Rock videos about the branches of government and the ever-so-popular "How a Bill Becomes a Law." I'm thinking about having the Asst. principal come observe. We'll so how I feel come tomorrow morning.

Other news: there was a freakin' blizzard here! Okay, so no snow actually stuck, but it was really snowing and the wind was blowing really hard. I had to go to UTEP today and I couldn't even breathe when I walked to my class because snow was getting up my nose and the wind was freezing my eyeballs.

Samantha and I took a nap today from noon to 2:45. Apparently we were both exhausted.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I heard about the snow, that's just weird. Sorry your lessons went so bad, tomorrow is a new day. Stay positive and keep on going! Have a blessed day.

the Shipe's said...

hey girl, the first time is always the roughest. I'm sure you did better than you think though.
A nap sounds delightful, glad you got it! have a great week