Tuesday, March 30, 2010

35 weeks...almost

I had a dr's appointment on Monday and he said we can start talking about scheduling a date for the c section! So next Monday we should have a birth date. Yay for the baby finally being here, but not yay for the c section :( I asked if he could deliver the baby at 37 weeks, but he said 38 weeks was better. So I have 3 more weeks and I swear this kid is doubling in size every day.

I still haven't decided on a name...I guess I need to get on top of that.

Fish update: we had to flush Dorothy :( He was floating at the top of the tank for a few days. Samantha didn't seem too torn up by it, and I promptly cleaned and sanitized the tank and put it away. I did research on the internet and determined that the fish had parasites called anchor worms. They said you could lay the fish on a damp towel and use tweezers to pull off the worms....barf! Plus, they needed antibiotics. Once they get infected with these worms, they develop a condition called dropsy and they cannot swim down any more. After all the drama we decided - No more fish for us! I think a dog is easier to take care of. On a related note: Samantha got a balloon the other night from a restuaraunt and it deflated the next day. I made the mistake of telling her the balloon died and she looked up at me and said: "Please don't flush it down the toilet" I almost cried laughing because she was so serious.

1 comment:

the Shipe's said...

ROFL!! That is so cute, "dont flush it down the toilet!" lol. We STILL have a balloon from Will's birthday (it was in the office & Will found it today.